Time for some honesty

It might be time for a little honesty here, honesty for you and a little for me as well.

Part of my funk recently has been a little bit of being homesick. It sounds crazy to me, but the more I think about it the more I realize it. I haven't been back "home" for going on 5 weeks. Doesn't sound like much but it's actually the longest I've been away from that place.....ever. When I lived in Michigan I was back there at least once a month if not more.

I know, it's insane that I didn't live there for nearly 8 years and I was still there so much. I've stuck to my guns and have been sticking around home and it's nice, but at the same time it's withdraw. I do miss my family and part of their daily lives, I miss some of my friends terribly, but I'm starting to deal with the fact that I can't be there for everything anymore, I can't be a part of their daily lives anymore. The transition is just not as easy as I thought it should be.

But I guess that's a good thing, if it's not easy that means there really was something there, it wasn't friendships of convenience. I'll get through it just fine, I have no doubts about that, but sometimes when I get a little lonely the feeling creeps up on me and makes me long for familiarity. It could also be me freaking out about newness as well.

Oh well, what can one do? lol.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A promised update

Good things