A basic blog of the weekend

Yes I spent the day with some of my favorite members of my extended family to attend a long awaited event called "Spamalot". I loved it, I loved it, I loved it. I have never before been brought to tears from laughter at a musical. It was everything I thought it would be and 10 times more!!! If you are at all a Monty Python fan, you will also laugh until you cry. It was so well put together, so well performed and it was just perfect!!! It was well worth the third job I worked to get the money to go. Wow, what a day!!! I hope and hope they make a video of it, or I can find a bootleg copy or better yet, a movie! I could watch that thing again. Funny, Funny, Funny.

I have had a great day, which is probably good because my Saturday was shit, but I'm starting to get used to that. Saturday was my official second year in business. Two full years of business, two full years of sleepless night, and two full years of constant worry. I was hoping it would be good, I was hoping it would be at least close to my opening day, but I found myself sick with worry about money again. The last three weeks have been the most horrid I've seen in some time. It has come at a time I've been spending extra money to stock the store. Bad timing as usual. ; )

Oh it's been a week but I'm making great progress on the old place so it's something to keep me going. I've just been very bitter and angry. I'm trying to let it go and keep my eyes on the prize, or the light at the end of the tunnel so to speak. I have landed a large christmas account that is valued at about a week's worth of income and another account that is at least a days worth of sales. I'm learning to push the things that I make the most money on. I've learned alot in the last two years.

I've met wonderful people and gotten to do some very creative things. I'm hoping to expand on that since I have recently started to put together my stained glass studio in the front of the store. I can't wait to get back into that. I wish I had done it months ago so I could have ornaments ready to go, but oh well. I have some great ideas for easter.

I have also locked into a woman that used to make homemade cookies for Break-a-way donuts that was in town. They are some really great cookies and she wants to sell them here, so I'm all over that. Once my hot lunches are gone at the first of the year and my new kitchen is in place I can start working on some more specialty items. I have great ideas, but like I've said before, I have to get myself to that point. I'll get there, sometime.

So anyway there really hasn't been much time for anything exciting, oh who am I kidding, I'm not that exciting! But I'm here, and I'm me. What more do you want from me? ; )

So anyway, I'm off to finish my laundry, I know exciting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A promised update

Good things