I don't understand

I don't understand how people can go through life thinking everything is either black or white, that people can be so arrogant to believe that they know the difference and they are so knowledgeable that there is no gray area in life.

I mean seriously, I'm not so confident and arrogant that I can make judgement calls on how people live, or what they think, I'm not them, and not experiencing what they are.

I'm so frustrated with this whole thing I could scream. It would be one thing to state that it is your belief that this is the way it is, how in the hell can you state "This is certainly so because the way I read this book that was written over 2000 years ago states something like this.."

I'm so angry.

I understand that the bible is the word of God, but there are so many problems I have with that statement. A man put these books of the bible together and said it was so. Are you telling me there is no doubt in anyone else's mind that some of these writters didn't input some of their own personal ideas? That you were there when it was written so you know exactly the circumstances of what was written?

When I bring these questions to the surface I'm made to feel like such a heathen, like I'm allowed to question organized religion, but to question the bible is work of the devil. I can't follow it, some people would view this as an escape to explain myself, but these people are not me, have not experience what I have, and do not live in my mind.

How can you tell me that homosexuality is a choice? That it is a symptom of a wound from the past when you have never experienced it, when you have never lived in my skin. I don't expect others to understand, but don't speak about it as if it's a black and white issue when you have never lived my life.

I doubt anyone who reads this can really follow my thoughts, or even understand where I'm coming from, and it's just that much more frustrating. I just wish I could switch lives with people, or let them experience me from the inside of the mind for 24 hours. It would be such a great way to learn more about each other, and the human race in general.

A good analogy would be a situation where a woman is telling a man what it's like to have a penis, or vise versa. One really has NO idea about the other, only assumptions.

Just in general, don't make judgment calls on people unless you have walked a mile in their shoes.

ARG.

Comments

  1. just got here with a fresh cup of coffee...

    ...and I can follow your thoughts and understand quite well where you are coming from...

    you are not alone

    k, time to go digging in the archives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If this was prompted by what I think it was prompted from then I can understand your frustration. I know it seems like he is always black and white, but that's him and that's ok too. It's ok for him to feel that way, just like it's ok for you to feel this way and it's ok for me to feel stuck in the middle not really knowing where I should go.

    I for one don't think that he's really saying one can't question the validity of the bible, but I don't think that he is going to falter on his belief that the bible is accurate and true, the 100% inspired word of God. For him to do that is to reliquish his deeply held beliefs. If that makes sense at all...
    As far as when you bring the questions to the surface, I don't know who you've done that with when, because on the forum I haven't seen you do that and I haven't seen him respond with thinking that you're a heathen.

    I guess what all this drivel and rambling is trying to say is that honestly deano, we're all just trying to find our way to God. It's one God with billions and billions of paths towards him. It's the same God from 2000 years ago that wrote that book through his people, it's the same God that longs so desperately for us all to be reconciled to him and in relationship with his Son. It's black and white and all the shades of gray at the same time and this is an argument that's never going to be resolved until we're kneeling in front of the King one day and we see his plan.

    I'm seriously rambling, but maybe you can jump in the discussion, maybe not out yourself if you don't want, but maybe try to explain that side of it. Express your doubts and your fears, your anger, your indignation, express you. I'll have your back, and I'm sure that others will too if it comes to that.
    I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A promised update

Good things