My blog entry on myspace

I'm starting to think I should just call this "Weekend updates with Pete" But nah, eventually I'll have the time to write other things when they are in my head, not a week later when I've forgotten some valid points! ;)

Friday was rather dull, but it was nice. Spent some time with the neighbors and had some good conversations regarding business and family and connecting the two or disconnecting the two, whichever the case may be. But it was good.

Saturday was a long boring day here with everyone busy except me. :( But I did alright, then off to work and then off to clean and then back home to watch six feet under some more.

Sunday was church, dinner with my mother and family, watching more six feet under, and then dinner with my grandma and the whole family. It was a good time. It seems it's the time for medical problems in my family, everyone seems to be going through something. It's pretty scary to listen to the lists of meds everyone is on, I'm not sure I want that kind of life, but I guess if they extend your life then there's something to be said for that too. ; )

After I got home I finished watching the final seasons of Six Feet Under. The show is amazing, it's taken me months to get through all five seasons, but I love it, I really really love it. I look back at some of my favorite shows and they all deal with death. It's kind of freaky really considering I fear death. Usually when I fear something I push it out of my mind, but when it comes to death I seem to be fascinated by it all, I like to see every angle, hear every view and get all the different takes on the whole situation. It's very strange for me.

The show is just amazing in the character developments, the story line and the interactions of the characters, I find myself hopelessly falling into the character trap. I get so involved in these characters, like they are part of my life, they seep into my dreams and I think about them when I'm not watching the show and I try to analyze everything as if it's real life. I'm not sure if that makes a freak or makes me normal. Either way it's really good writing. Anyone that hasn't seen to show really needs to. The end is something I've been waiting to see since the finale aired back in 06 I think. I've waited a long time and it was worth the wait.

At the end of the show I was so mad at the ending thinking it was just awful, like they had murdered these people, but the more I thought of it the more I realized it was total closure. I'll try not to spoil the ending, but it was more closure than I'm ever used to, to be honest it was depressing and yet refreshing.

Wow, enough about t.v.! Lets see......I finished my kitchen finally and I'm very happy at the results, it's just fantastic, every square inch of it!! And funny enough it was 1/4 of the price of the first kitchen! Who would have thunk it!!! I'll try to add them to my slide show eventually, you know, when I get some time to devote to that project!!

I've spent the day going back and forth about the rental space in the back, I have someone interested in renting it, but it will cost me a small fortune to get the building ready for him, and I have a current renter considering expansion to take up that space. I've got plans drawn for each scenario, but not sure how it's going to go. It's a constant battle in my head about who's going to win the space. Oh what a problem to have huh?

So anyway I'm enrolling this week into an online college. Yes, more education for me! :) It's a short class I need to take to take the test to be a licensed insurance agent. I have been working with a company to get this done so with any hope I can make enough income to quit my other two jobs and just do the store and insurance. This is not an over night decision, as with everything else I've been thinking about it and dragging out the decision for almost a year. I've been praying about it and really think this is what I need right now, it is the best chance I have to leave the other two jobs that are driving me insane. It will also allow me time to pursue other interests, you know, like making my store make me some money? yeah, that would be nice. : )

So anyway, there isn't that much to say really, so that's all for now, just thought I would update people and let them know I'm still alive and kicking!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A promised update

Good things