Yeah for Google Reader!!

Finally a way to keep up with the growing list of blogs I've been stalking...errr I mean reading.

I finally took the time while I was awake and got my google reader set up and while I fought it at the beginning because it didn't seem necessary, I find it so much easier to keep up with blogs, I used to spend hours going from site to site to site just trying to see if there was anything new, but now my blog browsing takes minutes!! I love it. Thanks to Bethany for showing me just how easy it really was. It just goes to show me that I shouldn't try and do those things while I'm half asleep. lol.

It seems I've been half asleep a lot lately. The last week has been rather draining and I'm not sure why. I haven't had to work the last two nights which has been wonderful and I had made plans to catch up on so much, and yet I haven't done much of anything except napping, cooking and watching t.v. I have been fighting the guilt a bit, but I have found myself so drained after the last week that I can't get myself to do much. There are constantly people here all day long, customers I can deal with, there are breaks between them, it's everyone else. Don't get me wrong I love them all, but I seriously don't think I've spent a moment alone during the day for weeks. I often wonder why people don't work more lol. Monday I thought I would finally get a day to do what I wanted to do and what I needed to do, but I had family coming in and hanging around and my buddy that just got a job ended up in about 6 times, I finally just reached a point this week that I decided I'm not here to entertain, I'm here to operate a business. So I basically just get out of the office and start doing work, if they want to talk, they can follow me. They are at my JOB, not at my home, it's time everyone starts to realize this.

As my buddy said this week, this is not a men's club, nor is it social hour 11 hours a day here, this is a business and it's time people start to treat it like that. I've also had to put a time limit on tabs. In the beginning people respected me enough to pay their tabs every week, but over the last few years things have gotten laxed and I realized the other day that tabs were going three sometimes four weeks and were adding up to hundreds of dollars. I finally put up a notice by the tab sheets and stated all tabs must be paid in full every week because I have to pay for the merchandise up front and I'm realizing I'm not making enough money to buy anymore merchandise, so if they want stuff, they need to pay for it.

I'm becoming quite a jerk I guess, but I will not be taken advantage of anymore. Even my brother and I have come to an understanding. Sure we have problems, but he's starting to see my side of things a little more than he used to.

I'm realizing there isn't really a purpose for this post really. I have had some really good blog ideas running around in my head but by the time I sit down at the computer and have some time alone to write, it's late and I forget what it was that was bothering me throughout the day, funny how that happens.

Well sorry to bore you tonight. :)

Comments

  1. I love me some Google Reader!

    Katy suggested it to me a while ago, and I don't know why I put it off!

    The only sad thing is, you can't comment from there, which means my lazy ass puts it off until the point that I end up commenting like a bajillion times all at once.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A promised update

Good things