Can he be trusted with alcohol?

So last night I found out that S broke another promise to me. He convinces me when he's sober to trust him with certain things and then after he starts drinking he becomes very open about not only his life, but with my life as well.

The results of this latest escapade is probably for the better, but it puts me in an awkward position. I want to tell him I'm gay so bad because he's one of my best friends, but at the same time, I know that if we're drinking in the wrong crowd it will come spewing out of his mouth to all the wrong people at just the wrong time.

it's just really been getting to me lately. I need to talk to him about it and get this cleared up before I do something or say something that would destroy me.

Oh, I thought by now the problems with alcohol wouldn't be so relevant in my life anymore, but I guess it takes longer for people around here to grow out of it. What else is there to do really?

Comments

  1. This dilemma sucks! If it were me, I'd talk to him about his alcoholic behavior and outbursts of personal information first. Then if he didn't change and immediately respect my thoughts on the matter ... let's just say, he'd be the LAST person I'd tell any secrets too -no matter HOW good of a friend he is or has been in the past. He's NOT a good friend if he blabs your secrets because he can't control himself when he's drinking. A good friend just wouldn't do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so easy to think like that, but to be honest, I can't stay mad at him. I love him. I'm smart enough to know it would NEVER work, but I love him. He's one of my best friend's. And I keep telling him things under the influence of alcohol. I'm just as bad, I swear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even drunk people should keep the secrets they are asked to keep. I know a lot of secrets about a lot of people and I don't tell them when I'm drunk.
    Loving him only makes it harder (and maybe worse)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A promised update

Good things