The business

O.K. for the things I could not post on the other blog because I'm not telling people until it's official. I met with the realtor on Friday and started working out the details. I took him around and showed him everything and he came to the conclusion that I had come to before I called him....the repairs have to happen first.

People can't always envision the repairs I'm going to be making before they're done, so we're going to wait until the major repairs are complete and then it will be on the market. In the mean time while I deal with the bank and try to get the roof project squeezed in yet this year the realtor is going to be doing his end of the paper work, such as the comps for price and write ups and such so when I'm ready it will launch quickly.

We discussed the asking price that I was thinking. I told him what I needed to walk away with a good concious and be able to pay everyone off and start over with a smile on my face and then whatever he was going to charge would have to be ontop of that, and he did some quick figuring just based on the appraisal from three years ago and added the value of the rental spaces I created and said I was being modest with my price. I smiled and told him I was being realistic, if I can afford to price it just under market value and sell it quicker, I'm all for it.

What does that mean you might ask? It means I can pay off all of my bills except my student loan, and take the remainder and open an investment account, so that way when I get my credit problems cleared up, I'll be able to buy a house with a nice downpayment. It also means that I will be hopefully able to take a cruise before I move on with the next stage of my life. I have always wanted to, and I think this would be a prime opportunity to be able to take off. I'm not sure if I'll be on my own or not, but either way I'm going to spend at least 5 days surrounded by water. :) I've earned it.

This weekend I'm headed down to what I hope to be my future home. I'm going to be doing a little searching to see what kind of jobs are out there, and just picture everything as I hope it will be.

o.k. hate to cut it short, but my helper is here and I'm going to hit the road now!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A promised update

Good things