I love Spring!

I know, it's all a trick to get me in the mood for spring, and then by next week we'll be buried under a foot of snow. lol. Good thing I'm not cynical about the whole thing. lol.

I took the day for what it's worth, it was a break from the doom and gloom of winter. It was a beautiful day, and even though I spent the day at work I made it a good one. I stayed in a good mood and laughed and was silly all day long and it was contagious. It was a good day of everyone laughing and having a good time. There was one moment where some bitchy woman came through the drive thru and threatened my good day, but after 5 minutes of dwelling on her negativity I decided it was enough for the day and went back to laughing.

So anyway, my week of vacation was absolutely fantastic!! It had been 5 years since I had taken more than a couple of days off and it felt weird and strange at first, but B kept me busy. The first day I was kind of lost, it kept feeling as if I should have been doing something, or getting ready to go somewhere, but by the next day I settled into home repair mode and the rest of the week felt good. It was exhausting don't get me wrong, but it felt good. I have spent most of my life watching my brother and my father do everything, learning along the way but never putting any faith in myself to do it myself because they were always there and I was afraid I'd do it wrong.

It was nice to break away from that and put my hands to work and just finally do it myself. I know I have a lot to learn, but it felt good to get my own hands dirty for once. It was also a good chance to figure out how it would feel to be away from this town again for more than a day or two and I realized it's going to be awesome. It just seems like it was such a tease because I had to come back here and listen to the zoning guy go on and on about all the regulations and hurdles and telling us to take our time doing this and do it right. We both laughed, it's taken long enough, we're on three months already and we're both ready to get this done. Every day the weather is nicer is one more day he could have done great business. He's eager to get going, and I'm eager to get out of here! lol.

So my last post came from Saturday. I spent the evening at a birthday party across the street. It has been a long time since I've been drinking across the street and it scared me how quickly all the old feelings came soaring back to me. It's strange how a year and a half later everything slips quickly back to the way things were back then. Listening to the same problems, having the same lustful thoughts, it was all just too much to realize all at once. It reminded me why things are different now, why everyone had to take a step back and make a change because it was much needed. They are still not healed over there and listening to her talk about it I'm sure helps her because she doesn't get to talk to too many people, but is it really good when all I can think about while she's talking, is me making out with her husband can't be real helpful.

O.K. so a bit off topic, but I must say....please don't lose any respect for me......but Hot Tub Time Machine looks hilarious.

So anyway my first day back to work made me feel good. Not because I was there but because my boss told me that she told the other managers that anyone who called me would be written up. She said she wanted to see what it would be like when I leave. She just put her head in her hands and said the place fell apart. Paperwork was a mess. No one has any idea how to run the computer systems we have and she said she never really realized how much they lean on me until I was gone. While I spent the better part of 4 hours that night redoing most of everything they did, I felt appreciated. They now have a list of things I have to train them all on in the next few months. Falling apart may be a bit of an exaggeration, but it's my blog and I can think what I want. lol.

Oh if only I could have turned my good mood today into productive cleaning time. lol. I really should get at least one room clean. I'm going out tomorrow night!! I haven't been out in awhile, it should be a good time!! It's a different group that's going this time so I'm not sure how it will go exactly, but I'm going to make it a good time regardless!! Where there is music and drag queens, a good time is sure to be had. lol.

Well I'm going to try and be a little productive yet tonight, perhaps finish picking up the living room and maybe starting a load of laundry. We'll see how far this goes. lol.

'gnight everyone!

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you had time to rest and relax!!! I just wish we were able to line up our weekends together!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A promised update

Good things