An update for you all

So here's an update for those of you not on facebook (yes, you know I'm looking at you) and the rest of you as well.

Closing has once again been delayed. There is an issue with the liquor license, it boils down to the lawyer telling me that if we close before the transfer is official then he can no longer sell alcohol until the transfer is complete. Well he got the letter stating he had 14 days to send in my license so they can send him his. What this means is the state has officially transfered ownership of the license, therefore making mine invalid which is why he needs to send it back and they will officially print his and send it too him. Legally the transfer has been made. I tried to explain this to the lawyer, who I would assume already know this. I had this conversation with my liquor agent when I went through the transfer 5 years ago, so it's not like I'm some idiot making a guess about how this is happening. Yet, my 75 year old lawyer couldn't seem to wrap his head around the idea and said we shouldn't close until the license is in his hand.

So in the mean time I've been without income for nearly 4 weeks now. My first full paycheck from my OM gig will not be until next week, the 3rd I believe. What this means is my parents still don't have their money and have had to loan me extra money to cover some of the expenses at the store, my wonderfully patient and gracious roommate has been waiting on rent, which she assures me isn't a big deal yet, but it really is in my head. And this also means I have had to limit my groceries and spending tremendously, which probably isn't a bad thing, but all my clothes have holes, my contacts are 3 years old, and my glasses have been broken for 3 years. I really need to take care of these things because they have been put on hold for so long.

The end is near, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, but I think someone keeps flipping the switch because it's flickering.

My "part time" job at O.M. is going well. The managers are all really nice and tell me all the time I'm doing a great job and picking up on everything really quick. It only took a few days to learn the store as well as most of the longer associates. Most days the customers are great, but there are days I could do without them. They seem to run in packs. lol. It's an easy job at an extremly different pace than I'm used to, but it's good. The money isn't the greatest, but for now it's going to work. This has been busy season so I've been pulling nearly 40 hours a week which has been good, it wll be really nice when I get a paycheck for it! lol.

I have an interview in the morning for a different job. It's an office job at a call center for one of the big banks around here. It's 50% more money, 40 hours a week, bonuses, and benefits!!! It's been just over 5 years since I've had a job like that. I'm not getting my hopes up, but if it's meant to be, I wouldn't turn it down. lol. So anyway I should probably get to bed so I'm not yawning through the interview......I hear that's bad. lol.

Well that's all for now, I'm working on some other posts, I found that I had 8 posts that I had made some notes on and never finished, so I'm trying to get back into the mind set I was in when I created them so maybe I can finish them.

Until then!!!!

Comments

  1. Hooray!!!

    Well, only kinda. I'm happy you posted and are enjoying the new job. The delay - not so much.

    Good luck on your interview tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, since apparently you only believe things written on the INTERNET I will say it again (picture my sassiest facial expression as I say this please...)

    IT IS NOT A BIG DEAL THAT YOU HAVEN'T PAID RENT YET!!!!

    YOU.LOVE.ALIAS and are giving me the gift (and no I'm not overstating it) of being able to watch through it again with a newbie
    I know where you live.
    I have KEYS to where you live.
    I have not had to cut the grass since you moved in, that is worth a million rent checks to me this summer (but I WILL take a rent check when you can pay :) )
    You keep the house clean (with the exception of an errant wet towel on the basement carpet or my kitchen chairs...)
    You COOK and let me eat the food you cook.
    You talk to me.
    YOU LOVE ALIAS...wait this should be number one.

    Plus, I believe you and I have had many many many MANY conversations about how we're going to believe what the other one says and trust that we'll tell each other if there is a problem right? I believe we've ALSO had conversations that you'll take what I say at face value and not try to make decisions or act out of what you THINK I might be thinking/feeling right?

    So let's do that from now on shall we? I think it will make the already phenomenal living situation even better...you know...as long as you don't try to kill my inside plants again and stop letting my cats whore around in your room and all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa.

    Ummm, so yeah, uh, Pete... I think she's serious about the whole wet towel thing...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A promised update

Good things