Thursday, August 26, 2010

How do money and happiness work together?

So I've spent most of my day today thinking about the balance of money to life and thinking about the reasons I moved to Cincinnati and left behind everything I once knew. I had an interview today for a job I really think I would enjoy, and could be really good at and grow well into. A job I was excited about. I'm not getting my hopes up, but I'll be hearing about it tomorow or Monday.

After the interview I came home and my phone didn't stop ringing. People wanting their money was a couple of them of course. Another call I recieved was from Speeday, a call I had given up on long ago. They are ready for the next step in the interview process. I remember when I interviewed I was very excited about the money aspect of it, but that was the only exciting part about the job. I would be running a carryout with a schedule worse than what I worked at Wendy's. It's everything I've done except someone paying me better for it, but it dawned on me the other day.....aren't those the things I was moving away from?

I put off the interview with S.W. until the middle of next week because I want to see if this other job is going to pan out and I really needed to think about this because I'm really thinking that I don't want to accept the speedway job. Happiness is a factor, isn't it? I would be making good money, but at what cost? 50 hours a week isn't bad, but being on call 24/7 just doesn't have the appeal I thought. lol. I'm not sure what I'll do, I have a several days to think about it, so we'll see.

I just always have such a hard time balancing my happiness with money. I spend so much of my time thinking about money, usually at the cost of happiness. While I like working hard, I think I'm getting too old for the constantly working crap I've been doing for the last 10 years. It might be nice to put my energy into something I could enjoy and if the money isn't there right away, it will come......right? I just need to get that damn business closed, that would solve a lot of these problems.

All in time right?

Well I think I've ranted and whined enough for one night. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment