Photo Memories-Pool Time!

It's summer time!!! We waz livin large in Nappy! Check out the awesome pool. We were so popular everyone came over to enjoy the pool, it was like lifestyles of the rich and famous up in there. Seriously though, this was big time for us, we used that pool to the last inch of its life. That's me being held by non other than my aunt Julie. That is my uncle Jon in the back of the pool with the dark hair, my brother Julio is the very blond kid reaching into the pool, and I'm not really sure who the other two kids are, I think the girl standing up is my cousin Kathy, she is about Derek's age, but I have NO idea who the other blonde kid is.

You can see all the diapers hanging on the clothes line behind the pool, back in the day when people still used cloth. The yard is looking kind of rough, but honestly I think there is something wrong with their yard because it has never really looked nice. No matter what my dad does to it, he just can't seem to get it right, it's either the soil or the trees in the yard, which amazingly there are none in this picture. Keep in mind they had just bought the house a year before this picture was taken.

I have always been a water bug, I loved being in the water, I still do for the most part. The only problem I have now is I get bored, I have a hard time relaxing, it's no secret. I do well if there are other people in the pool to talk to, but if I'm alone I can relax for about 10-15 minutes before I start thinking of the hundred different things I could be doing at that time, or the hundred different things I need to get to. I think there is something wrong with me. lol.

During the summers my parents would get season passes for us to the city pool, mom considered it a great babysitter. She would work from 8-11:30 then come home for lunch and then we would be ready and she would drop us off at the pool on her way back to work at 12:30. We would be on our own all day until she came back to pick us up at 3:15pm sharp. We spent nearly 3 hours every day (except rainy days) in the water, usually with our cousins. Oh the summers I spent at that pool. It's about one of the only places in that town I can remember only the good times, I know there had to have been some moments when it wasn't good, but my mind only lets me remember the good and I don't push it. From doing handstands, seeing how far you could swim underwater with a breath, just so many random games.

I love the feeling of weightlessness in the water, I feel so good. Somehow in all of that swimming every summer I never managed to lose any weight, no matter how active I was, it didn't seem to do anything for me.

But anyway, my aunt Julie was always around, always active in our lives and was always there for us. She was so much fun and knew how to play with kids because really, she was still a kid herself. She was the second youngest in my mom's family. My uncle Jon is the youngest, he's the one in the dark hair, he and Derek are only about 6 years apart I think. It's a strange dynamic, but it always worked for us.

You'll see a few more posts about my aunt Julie because she was in a lot of pictures as she has always been such a big part of my life.

Funny, I think two more kids in that pool and it would have busted at the seams. lol.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A promised update

Good things