My weekend

So lets see where to begin......

Sometime last week (the exact day is not for sure anymore) my neighbor and I were talking about anxiety, and it was a rather drawn out conversation (thank you to Coors light and Black Velvet) and it seems we suffer from similar anxieties. Said neighbor brought over 4 of his Zanex for me to try and see what it was like and if it would help. At that point I could go to a doctor to get a prescription of my own. Without really telling anyone I took one on a rather anxiety filled day to see how they would react. I was happy to find out that they indeed did the job. I was mellow no matter what was thrown at my direction. I was able to function without anger and see the good in every situation. I didn't lose my temper at stupid things, and I was just cool and collective, I felt like I hadn't felt in a long time. I didn't feel groggy or that I didn't care, I just wasn't scatter brained and could think clearly.

Even people took notice. My brother asked if I had started taking the Zanex because I was a very different person that day, and the crew at Wendy's even noticed I wasn't screaming as much or hating on customers like I normally do. I was my old self finally. I can't describe how great that feels, I felt positive and happy. I've heard horror stories about happy pills and how people feel like it's a medicated happy, but this wasn't, this was truly just leveled and pure joy to be myself again. I do think I need to find a doctor now and get my own prescription, I can actually tell a difference when I'm not on it and as much as I didn't like it before, I'm really mad at myself for not getting it earlier. Now to find a doctor that is accepting new patience, won't charge me an arm an a leg as a cash client with no insurance, and will prescribe it to me without a thousand dollars worth of tests. I have the name of one, but it will still run me almost $100 by the time it's all said and done, and that's big bucks for me.

So Friday was an average day in the neighborhood, worked both jobs and crashed at home. Saturday was normal except at 5 I had one of the girls come in so I could leave town (I love doing that). I headed up to B.G. to see B!! Her parents live there and she was going to be up from Cinci to stay with them over night and had invited me to join her for the evening. As soon as I got there we headed out for her mom's birthday. We went to eat at the Red Pig Inn, I had never been there, but I will eat there again, because it was freakin awesome!!! Her family is a riot. Her dad paid which for me was rather uncomfortable, I had only met them for a few minutes once before and I have a hard time letting people buy me dinner, but I let it happen and was grateful.

Then we headed back to her parents house and I got the grand tour of their home, which is beautiful, and her dad and I discussed their master bath addition they are planning. I think it's going to be beautiful, but he's hesitant, but I think I would have laid it out the same way, well kind of. I might have changed the closet a bit, but without dimensions and drawings in front of me, it's hard to say what I would have done differently. So anyway later we went for a dip in the hot tub. Oh how I love hot tubs, and if I had the money I'd have one right now, it's something I would honestly use nearly every single day, and really enjoy it also. :)

After that we headed in and watched a movie, well, we tried. We were both so tired we were falling asleep towards the end, but neither of us wanted to give up until the end! We're stubborn like that. Then we retired (to our SEPERATE) rooms (don't get any ideas) and drifted off to sleep. We went to church the next day, which I had been rather nervous about. It is a large "super" church I guess they're called in Perrysburg. I always get nervous about churches like this, I'm not sure if it's because it's so out of my realm of comfort or because there are just TONS of people around, but thanks to Zanex, the people thing didn't bother me. ; ) The service was very good. I'm starting to take a liking to the whole non-denominational thing, it's just about God, not about what the synod wants you to believe, or all the other stuff that distracts from religion, it's praise, a message and praise. I don't think I could totally give up my traditional church, but I have found myself enjoying these more modern churches, so I can't discount them either.

I also got to meet B's friend Jerry, he went to church with us and had dinner after church with us and spent the afternoon there. He's quite the guy, heart of gold and easy to talk to, it was nice to finally meet him. I then spent the afternoon watching Bethany go through many of her childhood memories and have to sort what stayed and what was going, it had me laughing pretty good at some points. It's funny to look back at the things you cherished as a child and see them as an adult and wonder why you thought such and such was such an awesome possesion. I do that from time to time, and I too have things to go through at mom and dad's, but they aren't in a hurry.

I then came home, did some laundry, took a nap and watched some t.v. and did some computer stuff. It was a great weekend, I was so happy with everything, I just love good weekends!

The new kitchen/deli is coming along well, if I can find the money for the tables and equipment I could be moved in rather quickly, but it's not going to be easy to find the money. But perhaps someday. Anyone looking at buying a walk-in cooler? ;)

Well that's really all for now, if that's not enough, I'm not sure what to tell ya. :) so anyway.....later!

Comments

  1. "It's hard to believe that you can make so much money just selling coak"

    hahahaha snort!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A promised update

Good things