Monday, July 25, 2011

Lost and exhausted

There are many days where I stop and wonder what I am doing, what change I am in the process of and where is it leading? I wonder if I am on the right path, if I'm making good and healthy choices, and where this path is headed.

There are days I get so overwhelmed by the little things, by the day to day living that I lose sight of the bigger picture. Days where I let anger, bitterness or even envy dictate my decisions.

Some days I withhold love and affection just to see what happens. Times I withdraw from society just to see if anyone notices. There are times I get angry about things that don't matter, things I feel aren't fair and angry at who I am.

I worry about the past even though it is just that, the past. I worry about the future and if I am strong enough to handle it, or am willing to accept the joy it holds.

Sometimes I let all of this distract me from the present and the wonders, the joy and the gifts that are right in front of me.

1 comment:

  1. Did you sneak into my head again? Are you certain I didn't write this one?

    I think we might have been separated at birth or something. ;-)

    ReplyDelete